Pages - Menu

Friday, February 2, 2018

Young rugby star who mesmerizes many opponents

He broke into the Sri Lankan rugby scene as a schoolboy ruggerite playing as a wing forward (flanker) for his alma mater St. Peter’s College Bambalapitiya. After finishing school he went onto represent the Havelock Sports Club, Navy Sports Club and played for the Sri Lanka National Rugby team shifting from his original position of flanker to centre position.

He also played for Sri Lanka National Sevens team with distinction. This dynamic centre three quarter presently playing for CH and FC, has made vast strides on the rugby field having mesmerized many opponents with his dazzling fast open rugby. Today we go “Off the field” with sensational young rugby star Lee Keegal.

Full Name - Lee Mathew Keegal
Hometown - Mount Lavinia
Birthday - 9th July
Passions - Rugby and Religion
Favourite Colour - Blue and Grey

Q: What made you to enter the world of sports?

A: Dave Keegal, who is an uncle encouraged me to play rugby since my father and my grandfather also played rugby.

Q: Who has supported you most?

A: Everyone from my family and loved ones

Q: What do you do for fun?

A: I love to go to the beach and do a bit of surfing, and I also enjoy travelling to other countries.

Q: What are the top priorities in your life?

A: My family comes first and then my career.

Q: What were your most unforgettable memory/incident?

A: The unforgettable moment was in 2011, when the holy spirit touched my heart which eventually changed my life.

Q: Who is your favourite sportsmen?

A: It’s Shawn Johnson

Q: What’s your favourite holiday destination?

A: United Kingdom

Q: What is the greatest accomplishment in your life?

A: Representing my country Sri Lanka in rugby

Q: Who is your favourite singer?

A: Calum Scott

Q : What is your favourite song?

A: ‘Dancing my own’ by Calum Scott

Q: If you had one day left to live, what would you do?

A: I will spend the whole day with my family and loved ones.

Q: Who do you sometimes compare yourself to?

A: My favourite rugby player is Cory Jane from New Zealand so I sometimes compare myself to him.

Q: What’s the best compliment you have received?

A: One of the top coaches in South Africa once told me that I play rugby with my heart and that I am not afraid of my opponents size. He also said even if he goes to war one day he will go with me.

Q: Are you happy with all your achievements?

A: Yes for sure, because I am blessed with all my achievements thus far.

Q: What’s your favourite movie?

A: The Blind side

Q: Who’s your favourite Actor?

A: Jason Statham

Q: Are you doing what you believe in, or are you settling for what you are doing?

A: I do what I believe in and what I am blessed with.

Q: How would you describe yourself in two words?

A: Good Hearted.

No comments:

Post a Comment